Shortened text of the section. Full text in ukrainian version.
The names of the monks in the current part of VS are collected and analyzed in full complement: 583 male names (53%) and 523 female names (47%), with a total of 1,106 names. Once again I draw your attention – the proportion of male and female names among monasticism is exactly equal to this proportion among the laity, and roughly equal to the proportion of men and women in society as a whole.
Names that seemed to me Catholic or unclear are bold.
Names of monks, sorted alphabetically
A total of 196 different names (including 11 non-Orthodox), 583 named persons.
Names of the nuns, sorted alphabetically
There are altogether 123 different names (including 6 non-Orthodox), 523 persons named.
Names of monks sorted by number of occurrences
A heavy horizontal line in the table indicates median: The 36 most commonly used names (18%) collected 48% of entries, and the remaining 52% accounted for 160 fewer used names.
Names of nuns sorted by number of occurrences
A heavy horizontal line in the table indicates median: The 19 most commonly used names (15.4%) collected 49% of entries, and the remaining 51% accounted for 128 fewer used names.