Sociology (current part)
The sociology of the current part of VS differs radically from the historical part – primarily because there are records of all strata of society here.
1. From the social structure of society, reflected in the current part of VS, the princes practically disappeared. From the total number of princes mentioned in VS, only 0.5% is accounted for the current part.
2. The gentlemen. Any gentry family, known in history before 1648, does not have representatives in the current part of VS. A few cases of title gentleman concern people who were not known before the National Liberation War of the mid-17th century. Name shljakhta in VS is not used at all.
3. Synodikon distinguishes between mentions philistines (residents of cities with Magdeburg law) and people (residents of other cities and towns).
4. There is no special social term for referring residents of villages in the synodikon, which indicates a weak social differentiation of Ukrainian society.
5. The cossacks is very little reflected in the current part of VS – as an ordinary and an officers. This indicates a certain aversion of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra to the cossacks.
6. Records of VS give certain information about the organization of the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra and (less) other monasteries in Kiev.