Structure and value of Praise
Shortened text of the section. Full text in ukrainian version
The development of political thought in the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (actually, panegirism) illustrates the following table lists the rulers (20 lines, 3 texts).
The internal structure of the PV-2 rather varied. In my opinion, "Praise" consists of the following components:
1. Introduction (29 – 34).
2. Relations with the Roman emperor, Lutsk congress (35 – 41).
3. The list of lands and rulers, that salute (i. e. are equal!) Vytautas (42 – 50).
4. A list of lands and rulers, that served Vytautas (51 – 64). The list contain also the Grand Duke of Moscow (remember the PV-1!), but at the last moment it was decided to raise him to the rank to "friend." It was neglected to move him above, in the friends list.
5. Vytautas – a formidable ruler (65 – 68). A fragment of this description used above (50), in connection with the Jagiello.
6. Ending (69), cut short on the half-word (see the full text of it in the PV-1).
7. Start the story about the visit of Vytautas in Kyiv and the appointment of the Tartar king (70 – 72).
8. Plug the story of the 3 kings Tatar (73 – 86), with its own ending "back to its original" (85).
9. The end of the story about the visit of Vytautas in Kyiv and the appointment of the Tatar king (87 – 89).
10. The ending (90).