Cyrillic transliteration in Latin and not only…
Text for transliteration:
For whom this program
This program is intended primarily for the transliteration of the lists of literature written in Cyrillic, in the Latin entry. It can also translate other texts, perform selective and reverse transliteration (see p. Set up transliteration)
How it works
2. The program uses the following set rules of transliteration:
3. Each transliteration rule takes one line, which starts with the character (or group of characters) that must be transliterated; followed by a tabulation symbol, followed by a character (a group of characters) that is the result of transliteration.
4. The rules for transliteration are applied one by one in the order in which they are recorded.
5. The characters that are not in the transliteration rule set are unchanged.
6 Set up transliteration. If the transliteration results from the rule set by default are not satisfied with you, you can edit these rules directly in the rules window, following items 3 – 4.
To apply the changed rules, just press the "Transliterate" button again. Transliteration rules apply regardless of whether the rule window is visible or hidden.
Your changes to the rules are valid only during the session with the program and disappear after it is closed or reloaded in the browser. Save the required rule sets in separate files, such as MS Word.
7. When translitating character groups, the rules should be placed from the longest groups to the shortest. For example, in reverse transliteration from the German language into the Cyrillic set of rules
s с tsch ч
will not work, because after the application of the first rule the letters will not remain in the text s chars, and the second rule will never be applied. That’s right:
tsch ч s с
The program developer tried to make its results as useful as possible. He is not responsible for the possible discrepancy between the results of its use and your intentions and needs.